In this blog post, we’ll cover some common problems that arise with trash can injection molding and provide solutions to help you solve them.
By providing actionable solutions to these common problems, YuanCheng Mold can help users avoid costly mistakes. Maximizing the life of trash can mould saves the customer time and money.
Figure 1: Solve common issues with your trash can mould
Here are some actionable solutions to common problems users encounter when using dustbin moulds.
Solve common issues with your trash can mould-Warping
A mold-producing warped dustbin
We recommend adjusting the cooling time or temperature during production. Also, make sure the mould is properly aligned and secured before starting the moulding process.
How to adjust cooling time and temperature to avoid warping molds
Adjusting cooling time and temperature during trash can production can help prevent mold warping. Methods as below:
1. Check the recommended cooling time and temperature for your trash can mold and material. This information is usually provided by the trash can mould manufacturer or can be found in your molding machine manual. YuanCheng Mold can provide you with all the data and a one-stop trash can molding service.
2. If you experience warping, try increasing the cooling time slightly so that the plastic is more set before being removed from the mold.
3. You could try lowering the mold temperature a bit to slow down the cooling process and give plastic more time to form its final shape.
4. Finally, before starting each production cycle, make sure your molds are properly aligned and secured. Even tiny misalignments or movements during the molding process can cause warping or other defects in the finished product.
But keep in mind that over-tuning any one variable can lead to other problems. Such as sink marks or voids, so it is important to make small adjustments and carefully monitor their effect on the finished product.
By making these adjustments and paying attention to proper mold maintenance, you can help ensure that your bins will maintain a consistently high quality over time. And minimize warping or other defects.
Figure 2: Example of Trash Can
Solve common issues with your trash can mould- Cracking or Brittleness
Problems with cracking or brittleness
If your mold is producing trash cans that are too brittle or prone to cracking, consider using a higher-quality material for your mold. You may also need to adjust the molding pressure to ensure that the plastic is evenly distributed throughout the mold.
Which material would be the best for preventing brittleness or cracking issues？
Material selection is critical when it comes to preventing brittle or cracking issues with the trash can moulds. Here are some materials to consider for this application:
1. High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE): This is a tough and durable plastic with excellent impact and stress crack resistance. It is also resistant to chemicals and UV radiation, which makes it ideal for outdoor applications.
2. Low-Density Polyethylene (LDPE): LDPE is similar to HDPE, but is less dense and more flexible. It is also less prone to stress cracking than other types of plastics, making it ideal for applications where molds need to bend or flex.
3. Polypropylene (PP): PP is another tough plastic with excellent impact and stress crack resistance. It is also resistant to chemicals and high temperatures, making it ideal for industrial applications.
4. Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS): ABS is a thermoplastic that combines the strength and rigidity of acrylonitrile and styrene with the toughness of polybutadiene rubber. It’s known for its durability and impact resistance, making it a popular choice for auto parts as well as consumer products like trash cans.
5. Polycarbonate (PC): PC is a very strong plastic with excellent impact resistance and toughness. It is often used in safety-critical applications such as bulletproof glass or protective gear.
Ultimately, the best material to prevent brittleness or cracking issues will depend on factors such as the specific application of the bin, the manufacturing process, budget constraints, and desired properties such as flexibility or chemical resistance. YuanCheng Mold, as an experienced mold maker, would be happy to work with you to ensure you choose the correct material for your needs.
Figure 3: Materials for trash can mould
Solve common issues with your trash can mould-Poor Fit
If your trash cans aren’t fitting together properly, check that your mold’s dimensions match those of your design specifications. You may also need to adjust the injection speed or pressure during production to ensure an even fill.
Figure 4: Solution for poor fit
Solve common issues with your trash can mould-Surface Imperfections
If your finished dustbin has scratches, dents, or blemishes on the surface. Please ensure that the moulds you use are clean and well-maintained with no residual debris inside before starting each new production cycle.
How can we avoid surface defects in the finished product?
Surface defects in finished products can be a common issue during the manufacturing process. Here are some ways to avoid them。
1. Proper mold design: The first step in avoiding surface defects is to ensure that the mold design is correct for the specific product being manufactured. This includes factors such as gate location, venting, and cooling channels.
2. Material selection: Choosing the right material for your product can also help prevent surface defects. Some materials may be more prone to certain types of defects than others, so it’s important to choose a material that is appropriate for the application
3. Proper maintenance of equipment and molds: Regular maintenance of equipment and molds can help prevent defects from occurring due to wear and tear or damage.
4. Post-processing techniques: Depending on the type of defect, various post-processing techniques such as sanding or polishing may be used to correct surface imperfections in finished products.
By taking these steps, manufacturers can minimize surface defects in their finished dustbin products and ensure high-quality standards are met consistently over time.
Figure 5: Trash can mould
YuanCheng Mold-The experts in solving trash can mould problems
YuanCheng Mold has over 20 years of experience in plastic injection molding. We provide you with one-stop trash can moulding services. To help you solve common issues with your trash can mould, contact us today!